Welcome to Cornford House Surgery and Fulbourn Health Centre
Our dedicated team are here to diagnose and treat illnesses and ailments, provide management of long-term conditions in specialist clinics, and promote well being through health education. We also provide various additional services such as contraception, vaccinations, smear tests, child health surveillance and maternity services. Where appropriate and after consultation we provide various investigations and treatments including blood tests, heart traces, joint injections and minor surgery.
Technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment, check your results or view your medical records as well as checking whether an appointment with a nurse or a doctor is more appropriate for you
We aim to provide excellent clinical care, working with the Clinical Commissioning Group to ensure we have a viable cost effective NHS for the future. We will continue to train tomorrow's Doctors and Primary care clinicians.
- Put our patient's welfare and health at the centre of our agenda
- Be caring, courteous, and respectful
- Treat patients fairly and without discrimination
- Act with confidentiality and integrity
- Be accountable, respond to feedback and deal with complaints in a timely fashion
- Work as a team with a positive attitude
We ask patients to
- Be polite and respectful of our staff. Abusive behavior will not be tolerated
- Keep appointments and let us know as early as possible if they can not attend
- Use the NHS responsibly to ensure it can remain sustainable
- Keep us updated on your contact details so we can get in touch easily if needed
- Promote the health and well being of patients including self-care and sign posting to other professionals
- Provide evidence based care and keep up to date with evolving knowledge
- Be innovative and responsive to an ever-changing face of Primary healthcare
- Provide and promote the training of tomorrow's primary care staff
- Use resources wisely, balancing the needs of individual patients and that of the wider population
We are accredited as a University Teaching Practice by Cambridge University for teaching Medical students.
We are a Post Graduate Training Practice for the East of England Multi Professional Deanery.
Please be mindful of the local Clinical Commissioning group Choose Well Campaign to help decide on options from where you may access care depending on the ailment.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical commissioning group Choosewell campaign
There are a number of useful fact sheets on this website for many minor ailments which will help you to self manage and advice on symptoms that would prompt you to see a health professional. These include, headaches, sore throat, earache, sprain and strains, constipation, heartburn and more.
Would you recommend us to your friends and family?
Cornford House Surgery and Fulbourn Health Centre want you to have the best possible experience of care. The NHS Friends and Family Test is a way of gathering your feedback so we can continually review our service.
It is based on one simple question:
“How likely are you to recommend our service to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment”
Your feedback will help us learn more about what you think of your experience – what you like and what you think we could improve. Ultimately you’re helping us to make changes that will ensure we can offer the best possible care.
For further information on the NHS Friends and Family Test, please visit